I have exciting news and I’m eager to tell you about it!
My efforts to fight climate change and create more affordable housing usually gets the lion’s share of attention in my campaign. But I‘ve been a passionate advocate for women’s rights, gender equity and a woman’s right to choose my entire career. Women’s equality is foundational to my worldview.
So the sheer number of women officeholders who have already stepped up to put their names and reputations on the line to support my candidacy for District 38 blew me away!
I was honored to learn that the Democratic Legislative Women’s Caucus recently announced its support for my campaign. Their confidence in my ability to be effective in Sacramento – the job these determined and accomplished women are already doing — means the world to me.
Assemblywoman Cristina Garcia explained why this important group endorsed me for State Senate: “[Catherine Blakespear’s] experience as a mayor coupled with her track record of proven results make her the most qualified candidate to advance the cause of women’s equality.”
But wait, there’s more!
Of the over 120 powerful endorsements I’ve received so far from across the State of California, 51 of them are from prominent women and women’s organizations:
- Democratic Legislative Women’s Caucus
- Fund Her
- Vote Mama
- Women for American Values and Ethics (WAVE)
- Women In Leadership
- California Lieutenant Governor Eleni Kounalakis
- California State Treasurer Fiona Ma
- State Senator Anna Caballero
- State Senator Lena Gonzalez
- Marggie Castellano, Democratic Nominee for State Senate ’18
- Assemblymember Rebecca Bauer-Kahan
- Assemblymember Tasha Boerner Horvath
- Assemblymember Laura Friedman
- Assemblymember Luz Rivas
- Assemblymember Dr. Akilah Weber
- Former Assemblymember Lorena Gonzalez
- San Diego County Supervisor Terra Lawson-Remer
- San Diego County Supervisor Nora Vargas
- Aliso Viejo Mayor Tiffany Ackley
- Chula Vista Mayor Mary Casillas Salas
- Huntington Beach Mayor Kim Carr
- Oceanside Mayor Esther Sanchez
- National City Mayor Alejandra Sotelo-Solis
- Solana Beach Mayor Lesa Heebner
- Tustin Mayor Letitia Clark
- San Diego City Attorney Mara Elliot
- Carlsbad Councilmember Teresa Acosta
- Chula Vista Councilmember Jill Galvez
- Encinitas Councilmember Kellie Hinze
- Encinitas Councilmember Joy Lyndes
- Laguna Woods Councilmember Cynthia Conners
- San Diego Councilmember Dr. Jennifer Campbell
- San Diego Councilmember Monica Montgomery Steppe
- San Diego Councilmember Vivian Moreno
- San Diego Councilmember Marni Von Wilpert
- Solana Beach Councilmember Jewel Edson
- Solana Beach Councilmember Kelly Harless
- Vista Councilmember Corinna Contreras
- Vista Councilmember Katie Melendez
- Former Del Mar Mayor Ellie Haviland
- Former Encinitas Mayor Teresa Barth
- Former Carlsbad Councilmember Cori Schumacher
- Former Escondido Councilmember Olga Diaz
- Former San Diego Councilmember Georgette Gomez
- Carlsbad School Board Trustee Kathy Rallings
- Former Encinitas Union School District Trustee Rimga Viskanta
- San Dieguito Union High School Board Member Julie Bronstein
- San Dieguito Union High School Board Member Katrina Young
- Former San Dieguito Union High School Board President Beth Hergesheimer
- Kern County Supervisor Leticia Perez
- Monterey County Supervisor Wendy Root Askew
More endorsements from additional influential women’s rights groups are in process, so stay tuned!
If you agree with what we stand for, I hope you can join our cause by contributing here.
Thank you for being a part of this adventure!
With much gratitude,