- This event has passed.
Internship opportunities on Catherine’s campaign!
August 1, 2022 - September 30, 2022
Catherine Blakespear for State Senate: Intern Application Information
If you are:
- Ready to join a fast-paced team and make a positive impact in our community.
- Passionate about issues like climate change, womens’ rights, and gun violence.
- Interested in learning about the development and execution of a political campaign.
- Looking for firsthand civic engagement and community organizing experience.
… consider applying for a Fall Internship with Catherine Blakespear’s campaign!
Why Intern on THIS campaign?
Catherine Blakespear is the Mayor of Encinitas, a lawyer, and a mother of 2 teens. She is running for a seat in the California State Senate. Mayor Blakespear has developed an impressive track record and she is the official candidate of the California Democratic Party. Checkout her website for more information and to see the many leaders and community organizations that support her: www.catherineblakespear.com. This website is where you can find our internship application. You can also sign-up to volunteer and receive updates.
We are building a team of Interns to help expand our campaign this Fall in preparation for the November Election. Mayor Blakespear is a very strong candidate and will be a champion for this new, enormous, powerful and beautiful district. Senate District 38 reaches from Orange County to the coastal cities of Oceanside, Encinitas, Del Mar, La Jolla… all the way to Pacific Beach.
What types of things will I do?
- Represent the campaign at public gatherings and community events.
- Provide support and assistance during campaign activities.
- Learn about mass texting and invite people to meet Mayor Blakespear.
- Canvass in the community and distribute literature to educate voters.
- Spend time making phone calls and leaving messages to support the campaign.
- Work with and train volunteers on how to use phone and canvassing software.
- Participate in the creation and distribution of social media content.
- Research and develop a calendar of community events and campaign activities.
What is the time commitment?
Interns should expect to participate in campaign activities for 10-hours per week, although some weeks will be busier than others. An ideal applicant can commit to serving until November 8th. There is some flexibility built into our program. Exceptions and time off will be granted.
Okay, so how do I apply?
Send your résumé and cover letter to our Volunteer Coordinator, Matt Rubel at [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.