Our region deserves a State Senator with a track record of getting things done to improve residents’ lives. As a three-term mayor of the City of Encinitas, former city councilmember, and current chair of a powerful transportation agency, I have supported small businesses, delivered more affordable housing, and created a cleaner environment.
My record of results:
- Secured emergency grants to keep small businesses open during the pandemic
- Banned ghost guns and required safe storage of firearms
- Provided 100% renewable power for homes, businesses, and government buildings
- Added affordable housing and spearheaded a safe parking program for residents who lost their homes and temporarily needed to sleep in their vehicle
As your State Senator, I will work to:
- Implement solutions to the homelessness crisis, including mental health and addiction treatment
- Make housing more affordable and available
- Create good-paying jobs and reduce inflationary pressures on California’s economy
- Take bold climate action to protect future generations
- Ensure our communities and neighborhoods are safe from gun violence
I have the experience and energy we need in Sacramento and that’s why I’m asking for your support today!
I would be honored to serve you in elected office and I ask for your vote by June 7th, 2022.